An aged lady's hair is an attribute, a lure for men and her most vital decoration. That is why a key issue for hairdressers is how to look after this type of hair and also how to deal with that other eternal dilemma, split ends!
Unfortunately, in today's world in which the magic potions of sorceresses reign, we have forgotten about traditional folk remedies. That's why here I shall put in writing a recipe for a conditioning balsam given to me by Patrice Ludovic, my grandfather and ducal hairdresser at the court of Carolina Roberta.
- One tablespoon of beeswax (make sure it is clear, uncontaminated with bee glue)
- Five tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Five tablespoons of rapeseed oil
- Four and a half tablespoons of almond oil
- Six tablespoons, for a change, of castor oil,
- Four tablespoons of grapeseed oil (preferably from Castel Ravello vines, but Coronata will also do)
Then melt the whole mixture and when it reaches a temperature beyond that of boiling water, add essential oils according to preference (the best is lemon to emphasize the freshness of the scent). At the end, add a drop of sunflower oil and voilà! The balsam is ready!